Monday, July 1, 2013

Yesterday

The last two weeks have been terribly busy.  The good kind of busy, but busy none the less.

Last weekend almost my entire family came to stay for the weekend...in my 3 bedroom house...there are 5 different families in my family...Yeah. It was amazing!

Last Sunday, I took pictures at a 1 year old's birthday party.  It was stinkin' adorable! (Hot Philosophy... please go like my facebook page!)


After the birthday party, I ran a photo booth for a precious wedding! (Hot Philosophy... please go like my facebook page if you haven't already!)

The Bride and Groom!
My family slowly trickled away, but I said final goodbyes on Tuesday.  :(  I missed them immediately.

This last Saturday, we did an outreach with our church called Project Partnership where we painted and revamped an elementary school.  We got assigned to the elementary school just 4 blocks from our house.  Awesome! 


I was excited to be a part of touching the city I live it.  It was even cooler that we got to make a difference in our immediate community.  A few of the teachers who taught at this school were there, and one of them mentioned she had been on at that school for 15 years.  In that time, this was only the second time it had been painted.  Wow.

Saturday evening I had a beautiful family photo shoot. (Hot Philosophy... please go like my facebook page...why haven't you already?!)


The picture above makes me laugh every time.  We were walking back toward this barn, kind of winding down the shoot, and I asked mom if she saw any other spots she really wanted to take pictures at.  Kenzie (on the right) immediately started running and shouted, "I do!"  Marley (on the left) quickly trailed behind her.  Since Marley couldn't climb ontop of the stump, this was her pose of choice.  Her face, plus her stance, plus her doll in hand...this picture is adorable!

After the photo shoot, we drove down to Oklahoma, where I took 6 year pictures of my adorable nephew! (Hot Philosophy anyone?)

Allen got a puppy for his birthday, so naturally we had to take some pictures with her. :)


After chatting with the family for a little bit, we headed to Kody's parents house where we would stay for the night.  The sun had pretty much gone down, but it was too gorgeous to pass up...I made Kody pull over, so I could take a picture.


I have SO much more editing to do! 

In an upcoming blog, I actually want to talk about the message that was shared at my in-law's church yesterday.

The speaker was a guest speaker who happened to be my husband's youth pastor in high school.  He had re-enlisted in the army after Kody had left for college and had since taken a sabbatical from formal ministry.

He was teaching from Deuteronomy 10:11:
And the Lord said to me, Arise, journey on before the people, that they may go in and possess the land which I swore to their fathers to give to them.
I'm not sure I have the time at the moment to really collect and share all the thoughts I'd like to on this subject, but it will come!

I hope you've all been having a great couple of weekends!  Later this week, I will be getting a back deck!! AH! I'll have to share more on that story too!

Anyway, have a wonderful 4th, if I don't blog before then. :)

xoxo,
Linda

Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment