Monday, March 25, 2013

Mile Marker 9: Preparedness

Have you ever prepared SO much for something that at the end of your preparing you have a moment when you stop and think, "No matter how this turns out, I can be happy because know I gave my absolute 100%"?

I could probably list on my hands the number of things that I completely thought through and planned out before doing.

I'm impulsive.

I like now.

As we all know, I'm impatient.

When I think of something, I like to see it happen right here right now.  I'm definitely a big picture person and I LOVE planning the details that make that big picture, but then I don't like to wait for all the pieces to come together to get there.


Well, for the last 5 days I have been creating, designing, tweaking, writing, re-writing, re-creating, proofreading, re-designing, and re-proofreading a 2 page document. (Side note: I don't EVER spend that much time on a personal project...for other people, yes, but for me, no.)

I am finally done.

I sat back in my rolly desk chair (rolled an inch or two backwards) and stared at my creation. Suddenly, I had this wave of satisfaction roll over me.

Now, my ego isn't so inflated as to say that my design was just that creative that I had to blog about it...It's the fact that I had poured so much time, effort, thought, and yes, even patience, into this project that I feel confident and prepared for the next step.

I started thinking about the basis for creating this document.  I kept saying the whole time, "I'm just going to go for it because whats the worst that could happen? I'm still at this wonderful place in life!"  I am so thankful to be at a place in my life where I can take fun risks knowing that the worst thing that can happen is that I fall back on my blessings.

I'm prepared for either side.  I'm prepared to either take that right turn or to stay on this left-ward course.  Whatever happens, I'm giving my all and I'm ready.

xoxo,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment