Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life Lately


Life lately has been extremely busy.  At times I love it, and at times I hate it (The times I hate it are mostly in the morning when my alarm clock goes off, and I realize that I just got no sleep).

I work 40 hours a week at my full time job, and recently, I started working part time at a hotel as well for an extra 20 hours a week.  This year has been SO great for my freelance work too.  So, I pretty much feel like I'm working 3 jobs. 

I'm leaving at 5:00 AM tomorrow for the St. Louis airport. AH! :)  I'm meeting my sister in West Virginia to photograph a wedding.  I can't wait! The location of the wedding is gorgeous, the couple is fabulous, I get to see/work with my sister, and I even got to order some new "toys" for the event! I'm sure I'll be writing a blog about the experience some time next week.

Sunday is my 1 year anniversary! WHAT?!  How has it been a year already? I found a $20 Shutterfly promo card lying around my house the other day, so I decided to check it out...I'm OBSESSED with Shutterfly now!  I want to order some prints and see what I think.  With the promo card, however, I decided to purchase a photo book with pictures of our wedding (that I have yet to print).  I am having so much fun!  Also, Shutterfly is doing a 50% off photo book deal, so the book is going to only cost me like $15 out of pocket.  Yay!

So, on to today...I want to share with you one of the things that I have been working on with Hot Philosophy lately.  Some friends of mine recently moved to Florida where they have taken a Children's Pastor position at a church.  They asked me to create a new logo for the children's ministry.  I'll be honest, I was really happy with the way they turned out.




Can you guess which one/ones they chose?
Which one is your favorite?

I'm excited that they have already commissioned some other graphic design work for other areas of their children's ministry.   (That means I'm doing something right, right?!)

In closing, today I have a 2nd "interview" or a round of clerical assessments at the job I interviewed for the other day. :)  They called me on Monday instead of Wednesday, so I'm taking that as a good sign.  Hopefully there is a job offer that will be coming soon!

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment