Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Yeah, I did...

You know, if there is one thing that I don't want to be associated with, it is giving up.

I would love to be able to share with you story after story after story of how I came back from disappointment and sacked the win!  But, sometimes, it doesn't turn out like that.  Sometimes, just knowing you gave 110%  has to be and IS the best feeling in the world.

I just did something I've never done before.  I put up my dukes and gave a graceful and humble fight for something I wanted. 

That job I didn't get?  It's still listed as open.  So, I gave it one last go.  One last swing.  One more best effort.

The payoff?  We'll see.  It may not.  But knowing that I fought feels SO good.  Knowing that even in the midst of flack and comments and maybe even laughs, I can stand by my fight?  That is a good thing.

I like this.

Let's hear it for the underdogs.  The ones who may have to fight a little to prove themselves.  Sometimes you learn something in the process.  Sometimes it's not a bad thing.

So, don't give up.  Keep fighting.  Keep reminding yourself that there is more to learn.  Remember that you're not the only one fighting.

You got this.

xoxo,
Linda

p.s. If anything happens, you know you'll hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment