Tuesday, August 27, 2013

9 Parts Prep

I just heard a co-worker say, "Don't you just feel like 90% of life is about the preparation?"

I'm done.  Mind blown.

But seriously, I love finished products.  I love the final touches.  But, isn't it the preparation when the learning is done, where the memories are made, where relationships are born, where stories come from?

What would life be like if we actually started to enjoy the preparation?

I was complaining to my sister today (to which she so graciously ignored and changed subjects ;) about my life.  Yes, I know there are a million and one things to be happy about, but I'm so stuck on these few things that I can't control.  I keep thinking (read "God keeps telling me") that I need to be trusting God. 

I can just see it in my head...  I let go, God does what he does, and I'm amazed beyond belief. 

My silly will though.  It's like as much as my heart and head tell me to do something, my will doesn't obey.

A couple weeks ago, the topic of the Sunday sermon was perspective.  What if I change my perspective on my current season right now. What if I'm in preparation right now (duh, idiot).  What if this season of waiting, learning, growing, maturing, what if it is all in preparation for the season that holds all of those things that I'm seeking and can't control.  What if I started to enjoy the wait.

What if I actually learn how to balance the life that I already have before I jump ahead and drown because I never learned to swim.


I am SO preaching to myself right now.

How the heck can I expect to get my "dream" job, have kids, and live a life of financial freedom when I can't even keep my house clean and I spend $3/day on lattes?!  Don't even get me started on my attitudes lately...

It's time to start setting small goals.  It's time to start taking baby steps.

It's time to start enjoying the preparation.

Hebrews 12:1
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us..."

xoxo,
Linda

p.s. If you made it this far, thanks for reading my rant!  Feel free to let me know where you're at, what you think, and what advice you have for me below... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment