Wednesday, August 14, 2013

While I'm Waiting

This song just popped into my head called "While I'm Waiting".  I can't remember any of the other words in the song, who wrote it (for some reason I'm thinking it was by my old worship pastor), all I can hear in my head is "While I'm Waiting".

I was talking to someone a couple weeks ago about waiting.  I was being my normal melo-dramatic self, "Ugh, I just HATE waiting!"  She had a really wise thing to say in return, "Well, I don't think anyone likes waiting."

Well, duh, Linda. 

I'm over here having a pity party because MY life isn't moving at the speed that I want it to.  Yes, I'm still wishing that I had answers to different things right now, but you know what?  I'm alive.  I am breathing.  Right now.  I have a paycheck tomorrow.  I get to go home to my husband tonight and sleep in a rather comfortable bed.  All in all, life is good.

How do you rest while you wait?  Do you ignore those things that you are waiting for?  Forget about them?

I'm working on focusing on my current job(s) and trying to forget that I'm hoping for another one.

How do you stay content in your current season?

xoxo,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment