Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mile Marker 4: Learning New Skills





So, this year, my husband and I got a good size tax return.  I like to think it was mostly thanks to me because I was still in college last year… ;)


But in all honesty, we both worked hard last year, and I feel we deserve the return.

What is exciting about the tax return is that we got to pay off all of our “little” debts which results in us saving over $100/mo in payments!  The biggest of our “little” debts was a substantial amount that my husbands parents had let us borrow when we purchased our house.  I am SO grateful for their help, but I am SO happy that we have paid them back.

We did have some extra money after paying those things off, so I was able to invest in my little freelance business with some new equipment. (In order to save money, I opted for the slowest shipping possible and am still waiting for one more package…ugh! Patience, I need to learn patience.)

First off, I bought a speed light (flash)!  I can’t want to start using it for indoor photography and weddings!

My friend Fern modeled for me!
I still have lots to learn about indoor photography, but now I have one of the tools I can use to help me learn.

Next, I bought a 3 light, light kit with umbrella diffusers.

My new light kit!
I am so excited to start experimenting with studio work, especially newborn photography!  If you have a newborn and would like to help me expand my portfolio, comment below or contact me via my website.  http://www.hotphilosophy.net

My husband posing for me with our new puppy Molly!

My husband is hot!

I still have so much to learn, backdrops and props to buy, and a portfolio to build…but I’m happy with my humble beginnings! :)

xoxo,
Linda

Posted: 3/8/13

No comments:

Post a Comment